I’m always looking for easy to make, vegan friendly energy bar type recipes. I’ve discovered some No Bake Energy Bites that I’ve been making quite often and have been a perfect on the go energy boost. I’ve changed some ingredients and added some Chia Seeds as they are a current obsession of mine. (Read about their benefits here) At 91 calories a pop, they’re a dense, energy packed little snack that help get me through the afternoons and through my workout so I’m not dying by dinner time.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (use old-fashioned or whole grain, no quick oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. I typically heat the honey and peanut butter just a bit in the microwave to make it a bit more stir-friendly.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. I weighed mine to keep size consistent but a good size I found is also a heaping tablespoon then rolled into a ball.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. I’ve also been freezing extras to pull out at a later date.
Makes about 20-25 balls.