I can’t take full credit for this one, but I’ll take credit for writing it out. Upon request for a side dish for a BBQ, Jon and I whipped this quinoa side salad up last May. Now that we’ve been through 3/4 of another winter, I’m craving some summer veggie deliciousness and thought I’d take the time to write this out as requested.
The wonderful thing about a salad like this is that the veggies can be substituted, added or subtracted as desired. Also, if you’ve never had fresh corn alongside basil, you’re in for a real treat. The jicama also brings an elegant, crisp texture to the palate.
Summer Veggie Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups cooked quinoa cooked with 1 cube vegetable bullion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup raw jicama, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- 3 cups raw spinach, chiffonade
- 2 corn cobs, fire roasted and removed from cob (or equivalent of canned or frozen)
- 1 batch of Erin’s Citrus Dressing
1. Prep all ingredients
2. Combine after things have cooled (particularly quinoa and roasted corn), less the dressing
3. Toss with Erin’s Citrus Dressing
4. Cool in fridge 2-3 hours or overnight. This dish is best when chilled.