I haven’t had anything to update on here lately. It’s not that life isn’t busy and flying by. It doesn’t mean nothing fun is happening, what it does mean is that I’m not sitting in front of my computer. I was insanely busy and now I don’t want to just blab on about how I miss my significant other is halfway around the world.
So, as it turns out, you get a beet salad recipe. Enjoy!
Beet and Apple Salad
- 1 or 2 Apples such as Fuji
- 1 bunch of beets
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Agave Nectar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash apples and beets
- Dice or grate apple and place in mixing bowl
- Trim beet greens so you still have a handle. Save your beet greens to eat later if you’re into that (yum!) Trim the root end off of the beets
- Grate the beets (I did it manually, got an arm workout instead of busting out the food processor)
- Combine Beets and Apple in a bowl
- Add Balsamic, EVOO, Agave Nectar and S&P in bowl
- Refrigerate to allow flavors to settle