Dabbled in some baking again this week. Found a combination of oats, honey, nuts, seeds, spices and love to make everybody happy and full of long-lasting energy (without too much sugar). It’s similar to the one I made here, but adapted a bit, with more love. The fun thing with granola is you can omit, substitute or add seeds/nuts/dried fruit to your tastes.
Erin’s Power Granola
- 4 cups whole grain oats (don’t use quick oats – you’ll really sacrifice the texture and LOVE of this granola)
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt (any salt will do really)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (not in their shell)
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds (not in their shell)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or vegan butter, or real butter if you don’t swing vegan)
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all the dry ingredients besides the raisins/cranberries in a large bowl
- Melt the honey to a very pour-able consistency and combine with brown sugar and oil
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients until thoroughly coated and combined. Chunks are okay and even a good thing!
- Place in oven and keep an eye on it. Give it a good stir every 10 minutes, until crispy. Ours took about 50 minutes.
- Pull from oven. Sprinkle with raisins or cranberries and allow to cool.