I love the spices combined for pumpkin anything. I also love that with this recipe, you can really cut down the oil and sugar used to make it with the addition of pumpkin puree. I also love how much texture this granola has, with the crunch of all the seeds and grains (especially the quinoa). Try it out, let me know if you choose to add any other ingredients or change things up!
- 3 cups whole oats (not quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree – you can buy it canned but I do prefer fresh pumpkin that has been roasted and pureed.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup – not the high fructose corn syrup junk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (I prefer fresh grated)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all dry ingredients (oats through hemp hearts) in a large bowl – gently mix
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine and coat all the pieces with the liquid as much as you can
- Pour mixture onto your parchment lined baking sheet and spread in one even layer
- Bake for 40 minutes (making sure to stir mixture every 10 minutes for even browning) until all of it is a nice, golden brown.
- Pull from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, this granola can be stored in an airtight container.